Saturday, October 10, 2009

Do vaccines contain fetal human tissue?

I received this article and wrote this reponse to it.
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fautism.about.com%2Fod%2Fmedicalissuesandautis1%2Ff%2Fvaxfetal.htm&h=aef33eab266e1331038bc4ae3679af28

Unfortunately there is so much conflicting information out there for consumers. I have many resources that continue to support that Human Diploid tissue continues to be used in vaccines, and not just from random internet articles like the one I linked to. What I do know is that it has been used in Rubella (which is in the MMR), Polio, and Chickenpox--this info. I have gained from medical doctors practicing pediatrics. I do also know that it has been used in some flu shots. When they are made in countries other than the US, I have a difficult time trusting what the CDC is saying about them. We have to remember how many times the CDC has "misinformed" us about things deemed to be safe. They continue to say that Thimerosal is safe, while the EPA calls it toxic.

My personal feeling is that it doesn't matter if new fetuses are used or not. If they were ever used, then their presence is still in the vaccine (very much like Thimerosal cannot completely be ruled out of the MMR even though they try to purport that it was taken out--traces can still be found in it). I did a lot of thinking and researching when considering vaccines for my son(by the way, I have given him the Polio shot, but I no longer feel good about this and will discontinue).

To me, the Bible is completely clear on the issue of abortion. But it is each person's decision. I finally came to this thought for me. During the Holocaust, the Nazis gained loads of information from conducting medical and psychological experiments on their prisoners. They probably gained some information that would be very valuable to us for saving lives today. The world has not allowed this information to be be released because it would be wrong. The way they experimented on humans like they were animals was wrong and would be completely offensive to release the information. I feel the same way about abortion (and stem cell research for that matter). I don't agree with even one baby being experimented on, even if this was discontinued or if they are using the same source over and over. I feel that God is very clear about how he feels about life. I also feel like He has given me a gift of knowing how important every life is.

This is my belief, and I don't expect everyone to follow it. But I do expect people to hear both sides of the issue and to do their own research.

Hopefully I have encouraged you to think.

2 comments:

  1. Kim!

    I haven't read on this blog for a while (I follow your other one faithfully and I'll add this one to my reader so I don't forget it)...but I was excited to read your post. This is the exact same conclusion our family came to a couple years ago, but I know it's not an easy one to face. It was especially hard for me to face that I had allowed my children to have those vaccines which are unethical. If you are curious about our journey, I wrote about it here and here. One website that I have found helpful, even though we no longer vaccinate at all, is Children of God for Life, which is a really ugly website, just to warn you. However, if you click the button near the top left that reads "Vaccine Sources" you can have a complete tracing of all the vaccines available and whether or not they use fetal tissue cell lines. They also have a list of ethical alternatives, though they do not give other details, like dangerous ingredients. However, I have learned that those can be found at the CDC website.

    Your post was very encouraging to me, as I see more and more Christians thinking through these issues. I love seeing that God is working throughout His Body!

    I still remember the day Si looked at each other and realized that in using vaccines the way we were, we expected the death of someone else's child to bring life to our own child! But only one Child can bring life, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brandy! I really appreciate your comments and the links. I posted this on Facebook and received questions and comments.

    ReplyDelete