Saturday, December 27, 2008

Beaba Babycook Williams Sonoma Baby Food Cooker Review

I think this is a fantastic product for anyone who wants to make their own baby food. It steams, purees, and reheats. I have used it eight times thus far and have been very satisfied with the results.



Before using this product, I emailed Williams Sonoma regarding the use of Bisphenol-A (BPA)in the plastic bowls. I was assured by the customer service representative that the bowls do not contain BPA.

Recently, I was viewing some blog posts about this product and these people seem to think the Beaba Babycook does contain BPA. The Babycook is made of polysulphone and they assert that polysulphone does contain BPA while Williams Sonoma is saying that the BPA is not released during use of the product.

Considering that BPA can cause neurological and Behavior problems in children, using the Babycook with BPA in it (whether released or not) is just not a risk I am willing to take. I have emailed Williams Sonoma again to get a straight answer and then I will update my review of this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment