Sunday, December 28, 2008

Disneyland with a Baby


In November, my family made our 5th annual trip to Disneyland for Thanksgiving. This year the adventure took on a new turn as we had our six month old child with us. I was pretty nervous about being able to care for our baby while being inside the Disneyland Park and the California Adventure Park, however Disney's accommodations exceeded my expectations.

Both parks have special areas called Baby Care Centers that are a welcomed escape from the activity. In Disneyland, the Baby Care Center is located at the end of Main Street next to the First Aid Station. In California Adventure, the Baby Care Center is located just behind the Mission Tortilla Factory.

At each Baby Care Center I found nice changing tables with disposable paper, high chairs, as well as private nursing areas (this was good for me because my baby can in no way nurse in public). The Baby Care Centers also have reasonably priced baby food, diapers, and wipes. I actually ended up buying the Huggies diapers there for one dollar each. The Cast Members inside are very friendly and helpful.

Both Baby Care Centers were nice, but there were different things that I preferred at each. At Disneyland, I liked the changing area and found it far superior to using the common bathroom changing stations. At California Adventure, I appreciated the rocking chairs and curtained off areas for nursing. I also enjoyed the peacefulness and vacancy of both centers, however as the day went on I would imagine the Disneyland Baby Care Center got very crowded.

All in all I would say this was a great experience. I had no idea how easy it would be to care for a six month old at Disneyland. I even ran out of diapers because we ended up staying in the Parks all day instead of returning to our hotel as I had planned. With the Baby Care Centers' help you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment