Thursday, January 29, 2009

Beaba Babycook Williams Sonoma

I recently notcied a new comment about the Beaba Babycook regarding one of the comments I made about someone's review on Amazon. This prompted me to contact Williams Sonoma again about the materials in the Beaba Babycook and whether or not they are BPA free. See my new correspondence below.


Hello Suzie.
I have posted our correspondence on my blog and have been receiving quite a lot of traffic regarding the BPA issue. Someone recently posted a comment on Amazon that they went to the Beaba website and found the information below. This does not seem to be consistent with the information you gave me. I hate to beat a dead horse, but when you said the "bowl set" was made of polysulfone and did not contain BPA, did you mean this to include the steamer basket as well? That was my assumption, but I need it clarified.
From Amazon
To clarify the plastic issue, I went to the Beaba website.
http://www.beaba.com/en/index_collection.htm
It says:
- Transparent PP (Polypropylene) basket (for steaming)
- Unbreakable PSU (Polysulfone) bowl


Hello Kimberly,

Thank you for contacting Williams-Sonoma. We are so sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused you.

Our Beaba cooking bowl is made of polypropylene and the steam basket from polysulfone, both are BPA free.

If we may be of any further assistance, please contact us via email. Alternately, you may contact our Customer Service Department directly at 1(800) 541-1262 from 7:00am to 11:00pm (CST), seven days a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment