Thursday, February 12, 2009

Best Baby Food Book for a First Time Mom

I purchased several baby food books with hopes of combining all the material to create a system that works for me. After looking at a few of them, I found the So Easy Baby Food Kit to be far superior. The So Easy Baby Food book was informative and easy for a visual learner like me. The book is broken into sections for each age group. At the beginning of each section there is a list of fruits and vegetables taking into account a baby’s digestive development as well as the appropriate age for a baby to consume nitrates (found in carrots, green beans, spinach and other vegetables). This book provides a full page for each vegetable or fruit with instructions on how to pick, store and prepare each food. It also suggests good foods to mix with each other including spices.



The trays are great because they are BPA free and free from other chemicals that can be harmful to children.

Although I highly recommend this baby food kit, I do caution parents about the So Easy way to prepare baby food. The book suggests steaming the food in the microwave by covering the food with plastic wrap. This is very ironic considering the accompanying trays are free from many chemicals. I do not use this system to cook my baby food. Instead I use the rest of the information on choosing, storing, preparing, and mixing and then I cook and puree the food in my Beeba Babycook from Williams Sonoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment