Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Healing Psoriasis Without Medication

Healing Psoriasis Without Medication

I just bought the book called Healing Psoriasis by John O.A. Pagani, D.C. and I am thrilled about the possibilities. I read the reviews of this book on Amazon and was amazed at the results people have experienced. It seems that if you follow the regimen in this book, really follow it, you will rid yourself of psoriasis. So, what’s the catch? Well, it is all about diet. People do no like to follow diets. Most want a quick fix. We have become a society that values our freedom to do what we want over our health. I am included here. I do not like to be told I cannot do something. Is it worth risking my health for my own stubbornness?



I have not read very far yet, but here are a few interesting points I have gathered so far.
-Psoriasis is an autoimmune disorder
-Psoriasis is a symptom that you body is unhealthy, despite what doctors might tell you
-Psoriasis is caused by the leaky gut syndrome (the intestinal walls are damaged by something which causes it to become porous causing toxic elements to enter the blood stream which taxes the liver and the kidneys and thus the skin tries to help remove the toxins)
-strep throat, antibiotics, heredity, just to name a few can be factors in getting psoriasis
-there are 7 common types of psoriasis, one being psoriatic arthritis
-400 people die each year from psoriasis related illness

Most of the book that I have read so far provided the backdrop for the cure. I could not help but look ahead at the diet portion. Like many other health related diets, it is fairly strict. I was shocked that it allows some grains and dairy and that tomatoes and nightshade vegetables are to be avoided at all costs. I was also surprised to find that for psoriasis, it is combination of foods that are ingested causing the problem. For example bananas and apples may be eaten, but not with other foods. The purpose of rules like this are to increase the alkaline in the body and to decrease the acid. I will keep you posted as I read more of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment