Wednesday, April 1, 2009

How much do I feed my baby?

When I was ready to begin giving my baby solid food, other than cereals, I was shocked at the lack of good information. I found many great recipe books, my favorite being So Easy Babyfood, but nothing that helped me know how much to give him. As a first time mom, the task of providing the right foods in the right quantities was overwhelming and I soon found that many other moms felt the same way. I had trouble with the method of giving my child food until he showed signs of not wanting anymore because he would never stop. He loves food and I think he would eat until there was no food left in the house. I needed more to go on and I found a great chart at babyzone.com that gave me general guidelines to follow. I still use it now that he is 10 months old. Here is the link. I hope it helps you.

http://www.babyzone.com/baby/nutrition-chart.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment